The U.S. Latinx Art Forum seeks a paid program coordinator to join our team and oversee the day-to-day administration of a fellowship program.
USLAF Program Coordinator
The Program Coordinator reports to the USLAF Director of Programs and serves as the day-to-day administrator for a fellowship program slated to launch in June 2021. The USLAF Program Coordinator serves as the main point of contact between the USLAF Director of Programs, institutional partners, fellows, and funders.
This position is flexible and remote, with an anticipated start date of June 1, 2021.
● Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in Latinx art
● Strong written communication skills
● Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
● Prior experience working in the arts sector, cultural institutions, or non-profit organizations
● Experience with public programming in remote and in-person contexts
● Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively and tactfully with a wide range of stakeholders and participants
● Proficiency with web content management systems and digital platforms
● Proficiency in one or more languages of the Latinx diaspora in addition to English
● Ensures efficient and courteous correspondence on behalf of USLAF pertaining to the fellowship program
● Maintains documentation and file structure for all activities related to the fellowship program
● Conducts research in support of the fellowship program
● Consults with institutional partners to develop opportunities for public and inward-facing programming related to the fellowship program
● Coordinates programming schedules in keeping with project budget
● Ensures alignment on deliverables, implementation strategies, and reporting schedules for the fellowships
● Responds to and liaises with communications teams as requested
● Drafts interim and final reports and budgets related to the fellowship program
● Manages day-to-day communications, scheduling, and logistics related to the fellowship program
● Maintains web and social media presence for activities related to fellowship program
● Collaborates to shape objectives of annual convening and oversees its implementation
● Coordinates travel plans for fellows and institutional partners
● Compiles information for monthly digest of program updates
Compensation: Salary range $35,000-45,000 plus funds to offset the cost of benefits
To Apply: Send a cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1, 2021. Review of applications will begin on May 1, 2021 until the position has been filled.
About the U.S. Latinx Art Forum: USLAF is a national organization of over 450 members that amplifies and advances demands for equitable representation within cultural institutions and academia. USLAF achieves these aims through data collection initiatives that track the representation of Latinx art; resource lists featuring Latinx artists, art organizations, and digital platforms; meetings with stakeholders to understand the broad structural obstacles they face as artists, curators, educators, and cultural workers at multiple career stages; the Mazorca Initiative COVID-19 artist relief programs for USLAF members; and a membership portal that facilitates community building for Latinx artists and advocates
USLAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.