Terra Foundation International Research Travel Grants offer US-based scholars working on American art and visual culture prior to 1980 the opportunity to conduct research outside the United States. Grant funding is available for short-term travel for scholars whose research projects require study of materials outside the United States, enabling scholars to:
- Discover new primary source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, critics, art dealers, archivists, curators, and university scholars;
- Consult archives and library collections outside the US;
- Establish professional networks for future research.
Applications are due Jan. 15, 2017.
Grants will be awarded to doctoral students as well as postdoctoral and senior scholars.
For more information, go to the Terra Foundation’s website.