To oversee the daily operations of the Art Galleries at Black Studies’ (AGBS) galleries, supervising student gallery staff, and maintaining internal calendars and communications related to tours, events, and other use of AGBS gallery spaces. Other responsibilities include developing and leading exhibition tours and/or other forms of educational programming and activities, as well as managing AGBS social media
- Programming and tour management: Maintain AGBS tour calendar and share regular updates about tours and events with gallery staff. Coordinate and manage tour groups as needed. Develop and lead exhibition-based tours or educational activities, such as workshops and other events, in dialogue with AGBS staff. Provide logistical support for in-gallery events and programs.
- Gallery operations: Oversee AGBS daily gallery operations, including opening, closing, and daily maintenance of exhibitions, and provides front desk reception duties as needed. Coordinate requests and access to galleries for UT faculty, students, staff, donors, and the public during and outside regular visiting hours. Maintain gallery staff handbook, updating handbook regularly with information pertaining to general policies and procedures, exhibition-specific procedures, daily/weekly schedules, staff contact information, exhibition-related content, etc.
- Manage student gallery staff: Hire, schedule, train, and supervise student gallery staff during regular visiting hours, installation periods, and special events. Approve timesheets for hours worked for payroll.
- Social media management: Manage AGBS social media and create a calendar of scheduled posts with help of AGBS staff
- Other related functions as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Art or related program. At least 5 years of related experience in program administration/coordination. Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail/multitasking abilities. Promotes collaborative climate that recognizes, celebrates, and rewards diversity. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work effectively within a team. Demonstrated professional demeanor and personal initiative
Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
General museum or cultural institution experience. One to three years managerial experience in a museum/gallery setting. Educational background or interest in arts/cultural management, art education, art history, or related field. Familiarity with the AGBS’ mission and programming. Experience managing social media accounts.
$50,000 + depending on qualifications
- Standard office conditions with occasional weekend and after hours duties as required.
- 3 work references with their contact information; at least one reference should be from a supervisor
- Letter of interest