WHO WE ARE
The mission of Black Trustee Alliance for Art Museums (BTA) is to increase the inclusion of Black perspectives and narratives in North American art museums to make these institutions more equitable and excellent spaces of cultural engagement. BTA was founded on the belief that building a cohesive community of Black trustees to share ideas and collectively problem solve would make these trustees more effective, not only as board members but also as resources for the broader community of Black artists, curators, and museum leadership. BTA is focused on barriers to entry and advancement for Black staff and leadership; underrepresentation of Black narratives in exhibitions, collections, and programming; and limited patronage of minority-owned vendors, contractors, and service providers. The Black Trustee Alliance for Art Museums (BTA) is a sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors (RPA) is a nonprofit organization that currently advises on and manages more than $400 million in annual giving by individuals, families, corporations and major foundations. Continuing the Rockefeller family’s legacy of thoughtful, effective philanthropy, RPA remains at the forefront of philanthropic growth and innovation, with a diverse team led by experienced grantmakers with significant depth of knowledge across the spectrum of issue areas. Founded in 2002, RPA has grown into one of the world’s largest philanthropic service organizations and, as a whole, has facilitated more than $3 billion in grantmaking to nearly 70 countries. RPA serves as a fiscal sponsor for more than 90 projects, providing governance, management and operational infrastructure to support their charitable purposes. For more information, please go to www.rockpa.org.
WHO YOU ARE
BTA is seeking a Program Manager to support the Executive Director and Advisory Board Co-Chairs in building out this nascent organization’s programming and operations. The Program Manager will work directly with the Executive Director to conceptualize, develop, and execute Black Trustee Alliance member programming; to communicate with internal and external stakeholders; and to lead administrative activities.
Administration & Operations
● Manage day-to-day operations and administrative activities including maintenance of all files/organizational systems, and monitoring of the administrative inbox
● Meet regularly with the Executive Director and Advisory Board Co-Chairs
● Handle meeting documentation, project tracking and management
● Draft presentation materials for Board/Committee meetings and speaking engagements
● Coordinate with institutional partners
● Oversee website development (in partnership with web designer) and manage website content (WordPress)
● Contract vendors and process invoices for payment
● Maintain consistent communication with fiscal sponsors to ensure compliance
Programming & Communications
● Propose and support program content development
● Manage technical and operational aspects of (virtual and in-person) BTA events
● Support planning and logistics of annual BTA Convening (in partnership with event producer)
● Create and oversee online platforms (Eventbrite, MailChimp, Zoom, Paperless Post) for tracking communications, RSVPs, and engagement surveys related to BTA programs
● Draft internal and external communications, including Advisory Board communications, event invitations, quarterly newsletters, and press releases
● Monitor BTA social media accounts and news sources for relevant updates in the field
Membership & Development
● Manage and maintain constituent database (AirTable)
● Manage membership enrollment, and processing of gifts and renewals
● Research funding opportunities, and prepare grant and sponsorship proposals
● Represent BTA at member programming and events
● B.A. or commensurate experience
● Minimum of three years related professional experience
● Strong writing, organization, and design skills
● Creative thinking with strong research and analytical skills
● Keen attention to detail
● Fluency with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
● Familiarity with the cultural sector preferred
Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, vacation and holidays.
Complete applications will be reviewed as received. In order to be considered, all applications must include a resume/CV, a detailed cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for this position and one writing sample. Application materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.